Monday, November 3, 2008

Today I saved a goat from almost certain death...

Going home today, I looked in my yard (well, yard does not conjure up the right image. Think of a mini-farm with nothing growing on it) a saw the usual herd of goats. I don’t know why they like my barren mini-farm, but there they were. Then I saw the funniest thing. My neighbor, Pa Mello as I call him, put water in a can for the goats. Unfortunately, the can is deep, and is about the circumference of an adult goat’s head. So, while reaching for the dregs at the bottom of the can, the head got stuck, and I came home to a goat running around with a bright yellow Nesprey can on its head. And you know when you’re blind-folded and in unfamiliar territory, you walk a little cautiously, slow and with your hands out in case you fall or bump into something? Well that is not the style of goats, especially since they don’t have hands. This goat was running, running! right towards my house, which is not a soft and cushy thing to run into. I was about to have a goat mishap on my hands. But there I go to save the day and I pull the can right off the goat’s head. Just like that. And then, I fill up the can with water to see if it will happen again.

2 comments:

Rosetta Kastama said...

You sure know how to have a good time! Having known some goats in my early childhood, I can absolutely see the event and can't wait to get to your house and mini-farm to set it up again. If you think of any other ways to trick the goats, write them down. Not the kids, though; they are too adorable to tease. Do you have any other animals at your disposal?

Dorian Winterfeld said...

yeah Ronda, friend of goats! I knew you were doing good stuff over there. ;)