Monday, April 7, 2008

Whew! Made it...

This will be a quick update since I'm off to pick-up Angela, my step-mom, from the airport. My first international visitor!

But before I go, I just wanted to thank everyone for their support for the half-marathon fund-raiser. We raised over $20,000, enough, we think, to send two children to private school. This is the best fundraising total yet, and I thank you again for your financial and emotional support.

I realized that I'm certainly not an athlete, especially since my exercise has been the occasional yoga and a slow, African saunter to and from work. So, I started last and never looked back! But still, walking 13 miles is no easy feat. My feet got swollen, my toes got bruised from all the incessant walking, and there were many times where I was ready to call it in. However, I guess I have enough pride to keep going in spite of achy feet and general grumpiness.

It was a beautiful walk, though. As soon as I figure out how to upload pictures, I will do so. So, I'll write more on the flip side!

Peace and joy,
Ronda

2 comments:

Rosetta Kastama said...

Thank you for the beautiful description of the half-marathon. In my book, you started first and finished first.

Rosetta Kastama said...

How many years will these two students be in private school? K through 12? K through college? A few people have asked me.